Ugly Spot Studio: While the Husband's Away...

While the Husband's Away...

...the wife will eat! For those who know me best, when Jay goes out of town, I tend to eat cereal for dinner. This past week, it was a mix between Special K with blueberries and Captain Crunch berries:) Well, while my husband is 4500 miles away in Argentina, I got pretty tired of the cereal. I went to the good ole' Harris Teeter to get inspired. I browsed each aisle hoping to get inspired by something amazing. A fun fact about me is that I could eat Mexican or Asian food every day of the week...could also probably eat my weight in chips/salsa or sushi, I've known to do that once...or twice. The vegetables in the produce section caught my eye almost immediately, so I picked up a little of this and a little of that to make a yummy stirfry. Asian was the choice tonight! What next...

I made my way through the cheese aisle successfully without grabbing anything...cheese is my weakness. (I can ALWAYS make an excuse and try to justify how brie goes with everything) But then I stopped for a moment with HT's fresh baked Olive & Herb Filone bread - AMAZING...but no, didn't quite match up with my Asian theme for the night. Finally, I arrived at the seafood section of the deli. They had the biggest scallops I have seen in awhile. I LOVE scallops, but not those little bay guys...those are pretty gross. So I picked up a half pound of scallops to finish off my meal. 

The scallops were easy. I just melted some butter in a skillet, sauteed some fresh garlic, then turned the heat up a bit to sear the scallops on both sides...about 2-3 minutes on each side. I was really excited with the garlicky crust that came about on each one. The veggies were easy to stirfry with just a touch of sesame oil and about a tablespoon of low sodium soy sauce. I was so excited about how yummy this meal was, I decided to share it. I LOVE cooking and trying new recipes and new things, so move aside cereal, I'm going to experiment again tonight...what to cook? Any suggestions??

No comments:

 

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.uglyspotstudio.com and update your bookmarks.