Ugly Spot Studio: Close to My Heart

Close to My Heart

If you've known me for any length of time, whether in person or even through social avenues (facebook/twitter) you would have probably picked up on the fact that I LOVE hip hop. No, seriously, I really LOVE hip hop...music, culture, dance, whatever. In fact, every single Wednesday, I celebrate what I call "Hip Hop Hump Day". It actually started back in college when I worked for the Carolina Alumni Association. It was a weekly event where we had a hip hop radio station come play music on campus. The obsession was there before that, but it really grew from there.

My sweet husband and I are both pretty obsessed with hip hop. We saw "Stomp the Yard" in the movie theater 3 times AND bought the movie on DVD. One of our favorite documentaries is by David LaChapelle called "RIZE" ...it introduces the world to the popular dance movement called "krumping"...seriously amazing stuff. I definitely can't "krump" or break-dance...at least not yet:) I have great ambitions to one day take a hip hop dance class and be AWESOME...hahahaha! Maybe not awesome, but at least be good.

Hip hop gets me through the day...or the week even...hip hop hump days usually turn into hip hop hump Thursday, Friday, etc. Okay, I'll stop now, just wanted to give you a little more insight into my soul...hip hop fits in perfectly with Anthropologie and Paper Crafts, right?!? Ha:)

I'll leave you with one of my favorite new songs...love the dance too- so catchy!

 

No comments:

 

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.uglyspotstudio.com and update your bookmarks.